A career at mcch can be a very rewarding experience. We also have volunteer positions at mcch. To find out more about volunteering, click here.
10 reasons to work for mcch
- ...work in an organisation that focuses on people – not products – and see positive improvements in people’s lives
- ...receive extensive training specific to your role, including 1-week induction training
- ...have on-the-job training for relevant qualifications(QCF)
- ...receive car mileage allowances
- ...have work/life balance initiatives and flexible working
- ...be rewarded for your achievements through our mcch annual awards
- ...have life assurance cover
- ...have the opportunity to join the mcch relief bank if you wish to work extra hours
- ...have access to a free counselling service for you and your family
- ...access Computershare Voucher Services (childcare vouchers)
We’re looking for great support staff
The right person will be...
- ...able to take initiative
- ...a good listener
- ...willing to learn
- ...able to help someone live and enjoy the life they choose
We value the people that work for us, so you'll get full training:
Therefore if you are successful in securing employment with us, we will expect you to attend a week's mandatory induction training (paid) before you commence work in an operational service.
We have signed up to the Driving up Quality code. This makes sure we continue to have excellent working practices for people with learning disabilities.
The code’s aims:
- To drive up quality in services for people with learning disabilities that goes beyond minimum standards.
- To create and build a passion in the learning disability sector to provide high quality, values-led services.
- To provide a clear message to the sector and the wider population about what is and what is not acceptable practice.
- To promote a culture of openness and honesty in organisations.
- To promote the celebration and sharing of the good work that is already out there.
- We help people to be the best they can be.
- We respect people as individuals.
- We listen and learn by working together.
- We think of new ways to make good ideas happen.
- We work to the highest standards and make sure we are the best we can be.
- Having choice and control.
- Respect and dignity.
- Being independent, safe, healthy and well.
- Involvement and taking part.
- Rights and responsibilities.
Read the full vision and values document in pdf.
Read the easy read version of the vision and values document in pdf.