what is growing concern?
We support people with learning disabilities.
Our services to customers:
- we water plants in offices
- we grow and sell fruit and vegetables
- we make hanging baskets
- we do gardening work (mowing, cutting hedges and more)
where are we?
We work from three locations - Staplehurst, Maidstone and a project in Bexley.
how do we work?
People with learning disabilities work with the staff and learn many skills, such as:
- how to look after plants
- how to grow fruit and vegetables
- how to do gardening
- ...and personal skills such as growing in confidence and improved communication
opportunities at growing concern
You can join growing concern as a volunteer and then progress to a gardening or watering assistant. We can then support you to apply for work in other companies.
- We can give you training and support
- We can help to buid your confidence and self-esteeem
- You willl learn skills in gardening
- As a volunteer you will receive no payment for the time you attend
- As a gardening or watering assistant, we will pay you at national minimum wage
- We can look for work experience/trials at other companies for you
- We can help you to write a CV, apply for jobs and help with interview skills
- We will continue to support you, once you've found a job
I would like to join growing concern - what do I do?
Please contact us to see if this is right for you. Call us on 01580 893604